LISTENING REPORT 5

 


     Hi everyone! These are my fifth listening report about the second news video with text.

REPORT 1

Identity

Title     : Ice storm causes deadly crashes

Source : https://youtu.be/gwsf7VdoFHo

Date of listening : March 19, 2021

Description about the text 

     This news is about a major accident on the highway of Fort Worth, Texas on February 12, 2021. Due to an ice storm of 100 vehicles involving 6 people killed, 30 people were injured. It started with a truck that could not stop then crashed into dozens of vehicles that were stopped on the highway.

Comment about the text

     This news is very important news. After seeing the news video, surely we will think to be more careful when driving in cold weather. Besides that, I think accidents can have a fatal impact. Many people will die and be injured in accidents.

Something new 

  I found new vocabulary such as sprawling, carnage, trapped, wreckage, and skidding off. Besides, I got information that in driving we need to be careful so that accidents can be avoided. And also,  I learn that life and death are all God is in control, accidents can happen anytime and anywhere without us knowing.


REPORT 2

Identity

Title     :  Asian Americans want justice after Atlanta shooting

Source : https://youtu.be/EDHW79nGC5g

Date of listening : March 20 , 2021

Description about the text 

     The news is about a shooting in Atlanta. The victims were Asian Americans who killed 8 people, mostly Asian women. It brought Asian American leaders together to demand justice after the incident of the Atlanta shootings. 

Comment about the text

     I think the news is a serious problem. The police have to find out more about the reasons for the shooting in Atlanta. It was the right thing to have a meeting between Asian American leaders in Atlanta so that they could receive justice for the incident shooting. 

Something new 

      I found new vocabulary such as demand, addiction, and fetishization. And I learn that we must respect each other's people. If someone accepts injustice, we must help him or his. So that, her or his life gets the same justice as everyone else.

REPORT 3

Identity

Title     : London's rubbish problem; Food Waste

Source : https://youtu.be/ccR2zK6yn8o

Date of listening : March 20 , 2021

Description about the text 

     The news about the food waste being dumped by people in London. Hundreds of tons of food waste are managed to be used as fertilizer. In addition, food that still looks good is chosen to be recycled into food. So, the amount of food waste is reduced. 

Comment about the text

    Reducing food waste is a powerful move. As we know, every day people throw garbage out and rarely do people care about garbage. Paul's actions on the news are exemplary. He wants to handle waste in order to reduce food waste thrown by people in London. 

Something new 

     I found new vocabulary such as rotten, shipped out, and appetite. And now I know that food waste can actually be recycled and through the news video it seems that we can also practice how to recycle food waste to be fertilizer by ourselves.

Their voices matter, too:

          Now, in the third report, I will pretend to be a journalist who interviews some people with their different professions to give a response or opinion about the issue of food waste news in London.

     Hello! I am Shela. Today I am going to interview some people. Here I will introduce the Chef named Renatta, the farmer named Simon, and the greengrocer and fruit seller named David. I want all of them to give me an opinion about the news entitled “ London's rubbish problem; Food Waste”. 

Shela: Hi Chef Renatta! What is your opinion about this news? 

Renatta : I think the news is a serious problem in London. As you can see, all people throw away the food waste every day. That problem makes our environment dirty. And I feel sad because many people throw away food. It is the same as they do not value food. 

Shela: Okay, thank you for your opinion, Chef Renatta. Next, what about your opinion, Mr. Simon? 

Simon: For me, it is a good move from Mr. Paul and his colleagues to manage food waste. They can reduce the waste in our environment by using waste to become fertilizer. Farmers can also use fertilizers to plant vegetables or fruits as food for society. 

Shela: That's a great opinion Sir! And the last person who answers my question is Mr. David. Sir, what do you think about this news?

David: I think the news is important to us. Through the news, we can know how the food waste is still used in our daily life. However, me as a greengrocer and fruit seller can not stop throwing away food waste because usually my merchandise is not selling well, so I am forced to throw out food waste frequently. 

ShelaThank you for your opinion, Sir. And thank you for your time attending an interview with me today.

That's all my fifth listening report about a news video with the text part 2.

Thank you.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

MY SPECIAL GIFT FOR X

THE PERFECT SONG

Reading my first stories on ER Central