LISTENING REPORT 6

 


 Hi everyone! This is my sixth listening report about the third news with audio.

REPORT 1

Identity

Title     : Japanese cherry blossom festival hit by covid restrictions

Author : BBC News

Source : https://youtu.be/5iSd8OBYOMM

Date of listening : March 31, 2021

Description about the text 

      This news is about the government's ban on eliminating the cherry blossom festival in Japan. The government is worried that the Covid pandemic will increase. So, they apply restrictions for many people who visited the cherry blossom festival.

Comment about the text

     I think the restrictions for visitors who wish to celebrate the cherry blossom festival in Japan are very important. I agree with government policy. So, they can reduce the number of people contracting the Covid 19 virus. 

Something new 

     From the news I can find new vocabulary such as splendor. And I get information that many people from Japan always visit the festival cherry blossoms every year but currently they cannot celebrate the festival in a crowd. 

REPORT 2

Identity

Title     : Suicide boombers attack church after palm sunday mass

Author : DW News

Source : https://youtu.be/N5FUYE-k8So

Date of listening : April 1, 2021

Description about the text 

     This news is about the suicide bombing in front of the Makassar cathedral church gates, Indonesia. This incident occurred when the people were praying for palm sunday mass. It is suspected that the bombers were terrorists.

Comment about the text

        I think this incident can traumatize a lot of people, especially people who want to go to church. The existence of terrorists cannot be predicted where and when they will carry out their actions without our knowledge. For that, we need to be aware of these incidents.   

Something new 

     From the news I learn some new vocabulary such as suicide, ensure, and prominent. Also, I get information that this suicide bomb incident often occurs in Catholic cathedrals Indonesia, which are the target areas of terrorists.

REPORT 3


Identity

Title     : Officer killed in vehicle attack at the capitol

Source : https://youtu.be/-ule3Ft6Gos

Author : ABC News

Date of listening : March 3, 2021

Description about the text 

     The news is about a shooting incident that occurred in the Capitol, United State. The suspect who had been shot had bumped into a veteran police officer named William Billy Evans. The suspect's motive for crashing into Wiliam is still being investigated by the Capitol police.

Comment about the text

     I think this news is full of mystery because the police still do not know the suspect's motive for killing the veteran police officer. And when I listen to this news, I think the reporters who deliver the news are too fast, so I still don't understand the content of the news.

Something new 

    From the news I can find new vocabulary such as shelter. And I get information that the police also shared their condolences for Wiliam's death. As well, to honor his services while he was still alive and on duty, the police raised half their national flag.

Draw it! Caption it!

Raising a half-flag in the United States today is a police honor for veteran police officers who have died while on duty.

     Police raise half a flag at the Capitol in the United States, in honor of their colleague's death. I think it was the most memorable moment, Americans care deeply about and respect the police because they protect their country from criminals. So, I decide to drew that event.

I think that's all from me about my sixth listening report. Thank you.


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

MY SPECIAL GIFT FOR X

THE PERFECT SONG

Reading my first stories on ER Central