LISTENING REPORT 7



Hello everyone. Here is my last assignment for the seventh listening report about feature articles. So, this is my report...

REPORT 1


Identity

Title     : Where did English come from?

Source : https://youtu.be/YEaSxhcns7Y

Author : Claire Bowern

Date of listening : April 15, 2021

Description about the text 

     The feature article is about the history where English originated. English used to be a German language family which has many words similar to Latin romance languages ​​such as Spanish and French and the language was first brought by Angle, Saxon, and Jutes to the island of England in the 5th and 6th centuries.

Comment about the text

     This article provides clear knowledge about the history of the English language, but in my opinion, the article is difficult to understand because it has a certain difficult vocabulary.

Something new 

    From the feature article, I find new vocabulary words such as undergoing (menjalani) and trace (jejak). Then the information that I got from the article is that I know that English comes from the German language family and English has different dialects around the world.

REPORT 2

Identity

Title     : What is Deja vu?

Source : https://youtu.be/foVMwJtlR5s

Author : Michael Molina

Date of listening : April 17, 2021

Description about the text 

   Dejavu comes from a French term which means to have seen. This is often experienced by most people. Dejavu can occur because there is a slight delay in information. When playing back recorded moments, people feel that the events they see and experience seem to have happened before.

Comment about the text
     The feature article provides listeners with information on what is true deja vu. Where someone has looked back at the events they experienced. On the other hand, because I often experience deja vu, I think it can happen when we dream while sleeping and the next day the events in the dream happen for real.

Something new 

    From this feature article, I found new vocabulary that I didn't know, such as pathways (jalur). Also, I got information that I know the examples of events that often occur when humans experience deja vu through the holographic theory using a demonstrable tablecloth to try and to feel what dejavu looks like.

REPORT 3

Identity

Title     : Who am I?

Source : https://youtu.be/UHwVyplU3Pg

Author : Amy Adkins

Date of listening : April 16, 2021

Description about the text 

     The article discusses the answer to a question: who am I?. Many people who work as scientists, philosophers, psychologists, etc try to answer questions from a thought who I am, but their answers are still less significant in answering the question.

Comment about the text

      This article is useful and has a good value for us. We can know who am I and perhaps we can reflect on ourselves to be a better person.

Something new 

    From this feature article, I learned new vocabulary that I didn't know, such as oracle (meramal) , and tricky (rumit). Then I get information that the philosophy of ships who have been told by Plutarch is related to each of us. Just like a ship, we are a collection of the physical, emotional, state, and mental parts.

Speaking : https://anchor.fm/teresia-ratnasela/episodes/Extensive-Listening-Report-7-Speech-ev6n6u


That's all from me about my 7th listening report (Features Article). Thank you 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

MY SPECIAL GIFT FOR X

THE PERFECT SONG

Reading my first stories on ER Central