I THINK..., BUT I DO'NT THINK...

 

Extensive Reading_LE 102

Theresia Ratna Shela-112020012

Hello Everyone! Today I got an assignment to give my opinion from the 8 statements below. so I share my opinion here. I hope you can read my opinion. Happy Reading…

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

1.       1. Reading in my first language is fun.

        I think I agree with this, we can automatically understand the contents of the reading book because first language is the language that we first hear and apply. Whatever language from a particular book we can know with the first language. for example: because I live in Java I understand Javanese language, if someone asks me to read a Javanese language book I know easily what the reading means. That's why I agree ” reading in the first language is fun”.

1.       2. Reading English is difficult.

            I agree with the statement.Come to think of it, English is a foreign language for us.so we think the language is difficult to understand.If we read books in English, we still have difficulty understanding them. I feel it too sometimes in every word or sentence in the reading there are terms that I don't know I was so curious I had to look for the word on the internet or dictionary.

1.       3. I should usually look up new words in my dictionary.

            Of course I agree with that statement. I think because there are so many words in English. I can only know a few meanings. if a word is foreign to me, I usually have to look up new words in my dictionary.

1.       4. Reading English is boring. 

          I don't think reading English is boring.Actually reading books in English is fun,we can explore foreign words or sentences and can make it easy for us to learn English.So that reading English is not boring,activities that can be done such as listening to music in English and reading the lyrics.

        5. It is easier to read about sport than science.

                I think that's right.if people are told to read about sports or science. I choose to read about sports. why? because the knowledge obtained is easy to apply and understand, while for science the knowledge gained is difficult to understand, sometimes about theories, formulas, etc.    

 6. I read very fast, it is hard to understand meaning.            

         I think that also has a point.if we read too fast,what is written in a reading book is usually not well understood and by reading too fast, our focus on the reading becomes confused.


  7. Reading out loud is a good idea.

             I don't think it's a good idea, when reading we have to know the place, Do we have to read aloud in public places like libraries? Of course not. without reading aloud, we can read silently.

  8. Reading English is fun.

                    I think that's right, reading in English is fun. After reading, we can practice pronunciation, speaking, listening, and writing.This activity can be done and practiced at any time. These efforts are made, so that our understanding of English can develop.

                    More or less like that for my opinion about 8 statements. That is all from me. Thank you.



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

MY SPECIAL GIFT FOR X

THE PERFECT SONG

Reading my first stories on ER Central